Tuesday, April 7, 2009

TYPE

Defgrip is a site that I check out almost daily anyway, but having been out all day today it wasn't until I got home briefly this afternoon that Cooper told me about this rad video that Harrison featured on the site.



It had him psyched on learning to do cool things with freehand based type, which is always really cool to see, especially since this is something that I have experimented with on and off since high school. I'm not great, but it is something that I enjoy so I do it.

Having watched it (and seeing Coop psyched on it) had me rummaging through the box under my bed of all my old supplies – calligraphy pens, black felt tips of varying thicknesses and (my favourite) brush markers! So tomorrow's plan is to get a pencil case to put all this stuff in, some ink cartridges for my calligraphy pen and compiling list of some other materials that I may have to go to Eckersley's to pick up.


0 comments: