Tuesday, April 14, 2009

TAMARA DE LEMPICKA





I found out about Tamara de Lempicka somewhere last night. I don't know much about her but I really really really like her aesthetic.

My sister and I went to the Art Gallery Of NSW last week and while we were there we were talking about what we like. Personally, I mostly like classical stuff but I also have a soft spot for this sort of style that I kind of associate with the 1920s/30s. I don't know technical names for anything but this is what I dig! Hahahaha

2 comments:

Evils said...

I've seen a couple of her paintings in MoMA and the MET in NYC...they arent very big paintings...but really beautifully crafted and rendered :) you might like Edward Hopper or Jeffery Smart too...but then again maybe not...I love Jeffery Smart's work...

Sarah said...

Edward Hopper a RESOUNDING yes, but Jeffrey Smart not so much.

I like the almost film noir feel of Hopper's works.