Thursday, December 18, 2008

An Update Of My Hectic Life!

So it looks like I got a mention on Focalpoint so I have to at least attempt to update this thing more often (thanks Coop!)

Firstly, I've been rushed off my feet with shows over the past week or so.

The most important thing is I saw Gorilla Biscuits ... TWICE ... over the past week. It was pretty much the greatest experience of my hardcore life. It was rad to talk to the guys in the band, especially since they've been one of my favourite hardcore bands since I knew what hardcore was!

If you missed out on seeing them, sucks to be you! But you can scope out some rad pics from the Annandale show last Wednesday on Craig Nye's Flickr.

I also saw Jim Ward perform a solo acoustic show (Jim Ward was in At The Drive In and is in Sparta and Sleepercar). It was great to hear him play his own stuff as well as acoustic versions of some epic Sparta songs (Air anyone?)

The Bronx were another highlight. Dudes, there is absolutely no words to describe the raucous these guys put on, onstage! It was tight, amazing and so much dirty rock n roll fun that it was necessary to indulge in a vodka or five!



I've also been ridiculously busy getting everything up and running with Issue One of No Heroes. I've done three interviews this week, and for an online music magazine this first issue is going to be absolutely epic! I've got an awesome team behind me that are contributing their talents (and they're all very talented individuals) and I have the help and support from some amazing people in the music scene. I'll post more updates on it as we go along, but I'm hoping to have the website organised by mid-January and the first issue up by the end of that month! If anyone has any suggestions feel free to post them in the comments.


There's so much coming up to look forward to as well:
- Lupe Fiasco BDO sideshow @ Enmore
- Boys of Summer: COMEBACK KID AND VERSE! Verse are AMAZING and if you don't know them you need to scope them out!
- Misery Signals @ Manning Bar with Amity Affliction
- Bleeding Through with Between The Buried And Me, As Blood Runs Black and In Trenches
- SOUNDWAVE (Dillinger Escape Plan and Poison The Well)

0 comments: