Saturday, June 13, 2009

100 ABANDONED HOUSES

I stumbled across this on BOOOOOOOM! a little while ago. It's a rad project and some of the photos are really, really spectacular.

There is just something really surreal and a little scary about them all, but I think that's why it attracts me so much.

"The abandoned houses project began innocently enough roughly ten years ago. I actually began photographing abandonment in Detroit in the mid 90’s as a creative outlet, and as a way of satisfying my curiosity with the state of my home town. I had always found it to be amazing, depressing, and perplexing that a once great city could find itself in such great distress, all the while surrounded by such affluence."


You can see all 100 houses and an explanation behind the project here.

0 comments: