Thursday, May 21, 2009

HOW TO DRAW WITH MIKE GIANT


This is pretty old (i.e. you will have to go searching through the Rebel 8 blog to find the whole thing) but Mike G does a SICK photo blog where he goes through each step in the process of creating this stunning illustration.

I originally found it on Hypebeast, but I recommend scoping out Mike's original blog as there are more images and he gives a commentary for each image.


I still really want a lightbox! I've come back from spending eight days in Melbourne and a fair chunk of that was spent doing handwritten titles for the upcoming Focalpoint DVD. Cooper came up with a good improvised lightbox, but burning my feet trying to hold a lamp in place isn't very fun! Hahahaha

2 comments:

Evils said...

how good are you with a hammer and saw...its fairly easy...just get a fluoro light, and a box, and a piece of white/translucent perspex and waaaalaaaa! lightbox...or spent about $200 to get one already made :) check out eckersleys...

gabriel said...

I see Brad Pitt formal wear fashion statement and I want to adopt his fashion style.